Jesten Peters accepted Jesus as her Savior at the young age of 8, and knew that she was called to ministry at the age of 14. She has recently celebrated 56 years of serving Him.
Knowing that she was called to ministry, Jesten sought formal training at Central Bible College (Detroit extension campus), graduated from RHEMA Bible College in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma in 1979, earned a Bachelor of Theology degree in 2001 and Master of Theology degree in 2013 from International Seminary in Plymouth, Florida. She was licensed in ministry in 1982, and received her ordination from Seminary in 2001.
Jesten is the mother of two sons and has one grandson and one granddaughter. After being healed of cancer, Jesten gave birth to her first son and named him Jehonathan, meaning "Jehovah Has Given." Four years later she gave birth to her second son and named him Jehoshua, meaning "Jehovah is Salvation."
Jesten has served with excellence and faithfulness in many capacities within local churches and ministries like Aglow International for a number of years. She currently travels and ministers through Keys of Authority Ministries, which she founded and serves as president.
Jesten has also received various awards and has been recognized in the following ways:
- Received the Key to the City of Eatonton, Georgia in connection with her prison ministry work in middle Georgia.
- Received a plaque in 2001 in recognition of 35 years of Gospel Ministry, and a plaque in 2014 in recognition of 48 years of Gospel Ministry from International Seminary.
- Was named "2005 Woman of the Year" for Columbia County, Florida.
- Named One of "2012's Eight Phenomenal Women" in ministry by RENEWED Christian Magazine, in 2012.
Jesten has been associated with Minister Judy Jacobsí International Institute of Mentoring since October, 2005, and considers Judy her mentor in ministry.
Jesten has also had numerous articles published in The Spirit Newspaper, her local church newsletter, letters to the editor of the local newspaper, and a letter to the editor of Charisma magazine.
She currently writes quarterly articles for New Beginnings of Life Christian Magazine, and became a published author in 2012 with the release of her first book Running To Win The Race.
Jesten has taped teaching sessions and been interviewed on Christian television talk shows, as well as a number of radio interviews.
In accordance with the five fold ministry gifts listed in Ephesians 4, Jesten operates in the office of a teacher, and desires that Christians have "no failure for a lack of knowledge."
Presently Jesten speaks at local churches, women's meetings, conferences, and teaches seminars.
After attending one of Jesten's meetings, you will walk away with a clearer understanding of how to grow up in Christ by:
- laying a foundation of precept upon precept and line upon line of the Word of God;
- know how to prepare your heart to be good ground to receive the Word of God;
- know how to take the "keys" of the Word into your every day life.